Ask a Urologist   »  

Hi I have a very mild pain in my lower

Excellent

Question
Hi

I have a very mild pain in my lower abdomen. I only notice it when I am still. I had an infection of my epididymitis which went away with antibiotics. I think at the same time I had this abdominal pain which I thought went away and has now come back.

I have also been diagnosed with low risk prostate cancer.

I have recently been on a diet and lost over 15 pounds by eliminating eating between meals.

What do you think?

thanks XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
may be a recurrent infection

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Pain that is in the lower abdomen is usually related to the the urogenital organs (prostate, testes, epididymitis, urethra, bladder)

It is possible that there may be recurrence of your previous infection or infection of related structure including possible infection of the prostate

In addition to physical examination of the genitalia, you may need urinalysis, complete blood count and possibly imaging if it continues.

Some persons develop chronic epididymitis which is persisting infection of the epididymis which can require a 4 to 6 week course of antibiotics for resolution

It would be best to be seen so that a physical assessment can be made

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions