Hi. I have a missed period. I had my last

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2015
Mar 2015

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Question
Hi.

I have a missed period. I had my last cycle on 13/9 after that I havnt got my periods. I had unprotected sex on 28/10 (48 Days from the first day of my last periods). What can be the reason for my missed period. I consulted a gynecologist she prescribed gynaset.
Posted Thu, 23 Nov 2017 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hormonal disturbances can be likely

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
Delayed periods can be due to pregnancy or hormonal disturbances like hypothyroidism, hyperprolactinemia or polycystic ovarian disease.
I will suggest you to get a urine pregnancy test done.
If negative, then you should get your thyroid hormone , prolactin hormone levels and an ultrasound of the pelvis to confirm the diagnosis and take further treatment accordingly.
Gynaset is given to induce the periods, if delayed due to any other cause other than pregnancy.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN