Ask a Urologist   »  

Hi I have 0-1 epithelial cells in my urine microscopic

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
Hi I have 0-1 epithelial cells in my urine microscopic examination but the reference range is nil...is it normal?
Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is nothing to be worried about it .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Presence of epithelial cells detected in routine urine analysis is a common finding.

It is normal process of shading off old cells of mucus membrane which are passed out through urine .If these cells are detected in large numbers that represents active or chronic infection (UTI)infection .

Do not get worried about it

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.