Hi I had written in earlier about my wife and

Question
Hi I had written in earlier about my wife and I. She has never had any other sexual partner and I only one, my previous wife who passed away. She was tested prior to our marriage with no issues.
Some how my wife now has found out she has HPV which has become warts........... How in the world does that happen. Have we just not done a good job of being clean before sex.
Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2017 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Follow-up: Hi I had written in earlier about my wife and 13 minutes later
just read you had answered my question before. another question would be.. can hpv turn into hiv then?

there is only one person in our family trees that had sex with other people. her father.

Her Dr has given her a cream - they are calling it. Should we be doing anything else.

Her Dr has told her that I must have HPV also. I have no visible signs.

Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
HPV does not become HIV

Detailed Answer:

Thank youfor using Healthcaremagicto post your health query.

I read it carefully and understand your concern.

HPV does not turn into HIV. They are different viruses and have completely different symptoms and treatments.

HPV is firstly getting treated by a local cream. Men does not have any symptom in general. If you start having warts too, then you can use the treatment as recommended.

If the treatment with the local treatment does not remove the warts completely, you can use other methods of treatment like removal of the warts surgically.

I hope I have answered all your questions. Let me know if you have other questions or concerns.

Dr. Papaqako

Follow-up: Hi I had written in earlier about my wife and 2 days later

Still working on this. Sorry.

So XXXXXXX has regularly gone in for check ups. Would this have told her whether she had HPV.

I have read where this can be passed down from a mother during birth. Like I said her father could very well have had this.

So one thought comes out is we have 2 boys. However they both were born with C-section. Do you think there are any concerns.

Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
The test for HPV is not done during regular sexually transmitted testing.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the follow up question.

The HPV test is a specific test which should be ordered soecifically when you want to check for HPV virus and usually is not checked when other usual sexually transmitted tests are done.

So if any of you has had sex with other partners before marriage, you may have gotten the virus and there is no way to treat it. It may stay hidden for many years, and when at some point the body does not treat it anymore, then the symptoms appear.

It cannot be transmitted from father to children. And if it was transmitted to child during delivery it either gives symptoms to the baby or if not then the immunitary system of the baby fights it.

Hope this makes sense.
Let me know if you have other questions.

Dr. Papaqako