Hi I am lactating mother with a 1 month old

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2015
Mar 2015

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Question
Hi I am lactating mother with a 1 month old daughter and my breasts are becoming heavy and painful I am discarding milk almost equivalent of one full breast every 2 hours is there any alternative for it?
Posted Mon, 27 Nov 2017 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Storage of milk

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
You can use the breast pump to express the milk and store the milk in freezer compartment of the refrigerator to use it further.
This freezed milk can be used for next 3 months.
Moreover, try to feed your baby as per demand and frequently, so that the breast do not gets engorged repeatedly.
This problem will for initial 3 months, and as the baby will grow, the milk will not be excess.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Maternal and fetal medicine