Ask a Urologist   »  

Hi, I am a female with 30yrs of age and

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016
Excellent

Urologist
Question
I am a female with 30yrs of age and had undergone cystoscopy+Dilatation as from UDS my Dr. analysed that I have 50% of post void residual urine, frequency and urge to urinate. I have XXXXXXX detrusor pressure from UDS and presently taking urotone and Trofame tablet. Diagnosis from cystoscopy is I am categorized under grade3 Trabeculation. Please advise on further treatment?

Thanks
Madhumayee
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You seem to have Neurogenic Bladder .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .Based o the facts that you have posted urgency ,frequency for urination,significant post void residual urine (50%) and cystoscopic finding of grade three trabaculation point a diagnosis of Neurogenic bladder .

I shall be happy if you can post me more details to help me in making precise comments
1) Is it possible to upload report of Urodynamic study and Ultrasound Scanning ?

In addition to the medicines which you have been prescribed I would suggest you to do Clean Self Intermittent Catheterization (CSIC) yourself at home 2 -3 times daily to keep bladder empty .This would avoid frequency for urination and getting UTI .

You can discuss this with your Urologist .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Hi, I am a female with 30yrs of age and 20 hours later
Thanks for the reply Dr. I have uploaded my UDS report but don't have USG report handy, however, UDS also has info. about PVR. My Urologist advised for Botox injection, but is it safe to go for Botox treatment with my current condition? As my doctor told me to be bed ridden for continuous 3-4months and do self catheterization post Botox injection. I am a working women in trading department and I will need to sit in front of PC for right trading figures, is it possible to have CSIC while I am working at office or do I need to stay at home only with or without Botox injection?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is possible to do CSIC at work place if private room is available .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

Based on the report of UDS that you have uploaded you have small capacity bladder .

CSIC is a very simple technique which you can learn and do yourself even at your work place What you need is a isolated place where it can be done .

I would suggest not to go for Botox injection .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil

Follow-up: Hi, I am a female with 30yrs of age and 45 minutes later
Thanks much Dr. for the follow-up replies. Will need your help on few more doubts of mine.
Should my medication continue while I am on CSIC?
Looks like I should be on life-long CSIC?
While I am on CSIC, Will the functioning of bladder improve itself ie., chances of gaining storage capacity, frequency and urge to urinate lowers and that I can eventually lower the frequency of being on CSIC?
Whilst this problem can I have a thought of conceiving? would my fetus inherit my problems anyway?
Is there any further treatment or surgery to treat grade3 trabaculation?

Thanks & Regards
Madhumayee

Brief Answer:
Read answers to your queries point to point as detailed below .

Detailed Answer:
hello
Thanks for follow up .

1)You will need to continue your medications and review with your Urologist from time to time .

2)Probably you will need to continue CSIC for life long

3) Frequency and Urgency will naturally come down as bladder will be emptied frequently however bladder capacity will remain the same .

4)You can have pregnancy provided you will take due care to avoid infection .

5)Your baby will not adversely affected or inherit your problem .

6) There is surgical treatment called Ileocystoplasty where part of of a small intestine is encroached with bladder This helps to increase capacity of bladder However you will need to continue with CSIC.

Hope this will clear your doubts
.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.