Hi I’ve been smoking for quite a while now, started

Pulmonologist
Question
Hi I’ve been smoking for quite a while now, started around 4 months ago I’m not heavy smoker, but I’ve recently noticed that I have this cough that won’t go away comes at night usually. I’ve also noticed that I don’t get erect easily anymore.
I stopped waking up with morning woods. I’ve been really concerned about it
I’m only 16 years Old. Should I be worried, is there a diet I can follow to help me. Should I be talking viagra? Anything I should be worried about please help me but I’ve also recently drank alcohol. And there was a day where I smoked over 15 cigs
Posted Tue, 5 Dec 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
stop smoking and alchool and everything will come back normal again

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome in HCM

I can understand your concern

According to the history you provide and especially your young age i strongly recommend you to stop smoking and alchool too.

The cough is directly related to smoking in this condition but the impotence is mostly due to alchool consumption.

The only thing you can do is quitting smoking and alchool. I don't recommend you to take viagra because of its serious side effects in your age.

Than try to do a healthy lifestyle and a healthy diet too,with a lot of water, physical activity, vegetables.

That are that you should do. You are in time and after you will come back in normality for sure.

Take care and feel free to ask me again

Dr.Jolanda

Follow-up: Hi I’ve been smoking for quite a while now, started 4 hours later
After googling my situation I believe I may have chronic bronchitis, is there a cure for a chronic bronchitis, and how long does it take, I’m not able to sleep at night due to the strong cough. Please help

Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Spirometry test

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

No fortunately there is no chronic bronchitis in a 16 year patient.

However the first step in chronic bronchitis in smokers is stop smoking and the next is the Spirometry test. If it comes negative than nothing else to do if positive than you should take inhalers (like Ventoline)

Dr.Jolanda

Follow-up: Hi I’ve been smoking for quite a while now, started 12 hours later
Are you sure my penis will get erect again, I’m very worried about my situation I haven’t gotten fully erect in quite some time, what diet should I have to improve my situation, I don’t get morning words anymore. I’m very worried and do you think I should visit a doctor?
Please help

Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
you should consult your doctor in that scenario

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,

If you feel that your concern is already there for some time then to be safe and sure consult your doctor and s/he will examine your clinical situation.

In my knowledge, there is no diet as such to improve penis erection. However, always try to eat home-cooked foods rich in protein, fresh vegetables and avoid junk foods as much as possible.

Do not worry so much just consult your doctor.

Dr.Jolanda