Hi, I’m. A healthy 53 years old Hispanic woman, L

Question
Hi, I’m. A healthy 53 years old Hispanic woman, L and weight 137 pounds I have now four days coughing, wheezing, some fever, body aches, phlegm . I don’t have insurance any more. I have been drinking liquids. I live in downtown XXXXXXX in a very clean environment and smoke free apartment. I helped last Saturday to clean a very old office in downtown which will became my office and I was exposed to dust. I’m talking dust accumulated for years. I don’t smoke and drink once in a while ñ my husband is the only person I am most of the time and he is 51 extremely healthy. I have been taking Advil and at night Tylenol pm. I though I would be feeling better but I’m still wheezing and coughing. When I cough it hurts my lungs a little. I also got a flu shot about two months ago.
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
What is your temperature? Greater than 101?

Detailed Answer:
HI and thanks so much for this query.

I will like to know if you have any fever and how severe it is.

If you do have a fever greater than 101F, I will suggest that you get evaluated. If the temperature is less than 101, i recommend you continue with tylenol and advil.

Your information most likely points to bronchitis caused by dust inhalation. Antibiotics will not make a difference here. Should you develop any breathing difficulties with a well localized chest pain, at that time you must go to the hospital for an X-ray and physical examination.

I hope this guides and helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if you have any further concerns. About all, let me know how you are doing in the next 24-48hours.

Follow-up: Hi, I’m. A healthy 53 years old Hispanic woman, L 47 minutes later
Dr. DItah, thank you for your reply. My fever is less than 101 . as imentioned since i am in the menopause I get hot flashes as well so sometimes its hard to know it is fever or a hot flash. i will continue with Advil as you said. thank you

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Keep me updated.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the response. Keep me updated with your progress.