Hi Dr, My 4.5 year old daughter is allergic. November

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Sep 2017
Sep 2017

Pulmonologist
Question
Hi Dr,
My 4.5 year old daughter is allergic. November every year she gets sick. This year again thankfully to the dreadful smog in XXXXXXX She is mostly fine during the day but in the night she finds it difficult to breath due to blocked nose and as a result the coughing starts. Her nasal turbinates are swollen. For this I visited a paed and he suggested nasonex nasal spray for 15 days along with montair lc kid. It’s been 4 days now. She is also taking ambrolite le o thrice a day to reduce coughing. Nights become very challenging for her. Pl advise what shall we do. Will taking her outside XXXXXXX till smog subsides a good option? I am also nebulising her with levolin.
Posted Sat, 2 Dec 2017 in Asthma and Allergy

Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Better to give budecort Nebulization also.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Possibility of allergic symptoms due to bad weather is more likely.
So change in environment will definitely work.
So you can think of shifting to other non polluted place.
You can also try air purifier in the home.
As far as treatment is concerned, you should also give her budesonide (budecort) Nebulization.
Budesonide is steroid and inhaled corticosteroid (ICS) is the mainstay treatment for allergic respiratory diseases.
Also give her steam inhalation 4-5 times a day.
Warm water gargles 5-6 times a day is also beneficial.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wishing good health to your daughter. Thanks.