Hi Doctor, while riding bike it slipped due to rain,

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Hi Doctor,
while riding bike it slipped due to rain, and I hit my back against the ground on 31st Oct 2017, after than develoed pain in the lower back in the back bone.
when shown to a doctor she advised to go for X-Ray, and report clearly mentioned that there is no major issue, but the X-Ray film shows the lower part (last 2-3 bones) there is no gap like upper ones, and though no broken tissue, still the bone muscle squeezed thus she advised to take full rest of 1 month and gave some pain killer.
I doubt as now it's heavy pain and though 8 days past, still no relief from pain, pls suggest further action what to do.
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to rule out tiny fractures and nerve compression

Detailed Answer:
Hi there

Thanks for the query

It is possible you have early changes of Spondylosis.

If possible please do upload your Xray film photo for my reference.

I want to see if there is any small fracture which can be easily missed by untrained eyes like lysis or listhesis.

You can do an MRI scan of lumbosacral spine to look for any nerve compression.

Avoid bending forwards or lifting weights. Avoid sitting for more than half an hour at a time. Do get up and walk for a while. Perform physiotherapy to strengthen back muscles.

I hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Dr.Aashish Raghu

Follow-up: Hi Doctor, while riding bike it slipped due to rain, 39 hours later
Thank you sir.
PFA the x ray copy, also meanwhile I started physiotherapy and tying a band around spine.
Yesterday visited another orthopedic doctor here, and he told not to ride scooty type 2 wheelers as they lack shock absorbers and have small wheels thus in bad roads/jerkings it'll hurt spine.
Also he suggest to go for big wheel 2 wheerlers.
Any food you suggest to prevent any such issues in near future?

Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Lumbar spondylosis

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for the Xray.

You definitely have lot of degenerative changes due to spondylosis. Avoid bending forwards or lifting weights. Avoid heavy activity. Perform physiotherapy regularly to strengthen the back muscles.

You must avoid fatty and spicy food. Avoid putting on weight because the more abdomen becomes fat, the more it will stress on your spine.