Hi Doctor We did a thyroid test for my 1

Excellent

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Question
Hi Doctor

We did a thyroid test for my 1 month old baby boy. T3 and T4 is showing low than the normal range. Tsh is normal.
T3 is 76
T4 is 4.2
TSH IS 3.9
Request you to please advise whether there is anything to worry and also advise problem due to low T3 and T4 in toddler.
Please let us know the treatment and whether it is 100 percent curable.
Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2017 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can you please upload the report

Detailed Answer:
Hi...I understand your concern. By what you say I don't see any problem here. But thyroid tests are many times lab dependant regarding the normal ranges as it depends which method the assessment is done.

I suggest that you upload the reports so that I can see the normal ranges in the report and get back to you. But as such there is no problem here. But if I were the bab's pediatrician, I would repeat the test in another one month and this test has to be done on empty stomach of at least 4 hours duration.

Regards - Dr. Sumanth

Follow-up: Hi Doctor We did a thyroid test for my 1 17 hours later
Please find the attached report for your review.

Please let me know if it is normal or anything to worry about and also suggest the next time and problem due to low T3 and T4.

Thank you in advance

Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Suggestions on thyroid test report

Detailed Answer:
Hi.... I have seen the reports. This is not to be worried about. As I have already told you this has to be repeated one month later. Meanwhile if you want to get back to me after one month, please get back to me with the weight of the kid now and after one month exactly.

Meanwhile you just give the baby direct breastfeeds and as of now no need for any thyroid supplements.

But after one month when you are going to do the blood test again do not do total thyroxin, as you have done now.

As I am going to suggest - do - free T4 and TSH.

These two are enough.

Regards - Dr. Sumanth

Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thank you for your compliments

Detailed Answer:
Hi....I wish your kid a bright future. If you need any future medical consultation and suggestions, I will be glad to help. You can approach me at the following link.

Once the page opens there will be an option below my image as – ASK ME A QUESTION – click on it.

In this way even in health care magic you can follow up always with a single doctor who knows the history of your kid completely. Please find the link below -

www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-sumanth-amperayani/67696

Regards - Dr. Sumanth

Follow-up: Hi Doctor We did a thyroid test for my 1 1 minute later
Thank you Doctor.Very much appreciated.Thank you once again for your advise.