Hi Doctor, My daughter is approx. 10.5 months old. 1.

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Question
Hi Doctor,
My daughter is approx. 10.5 months old.

1. She has almost stopped taking mother's feed now. Is it ok?
2. With Mother's feed, we were giving her nan Pro 1 till 6 months and Nan pro 2 after she completed 6 months till now. Can we start giving her cow or XXXXXXX milk now or shall we continue giving formula milk (Nan pro 2) only?

Ankur
Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2017 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please continue only NanPro 2 till 1 year of age

Detailed Answer:
Hi....Please continue only NanPro 2 till 1 year of age.

I suggest you not to give cow or XXXXXXX milk till completion of 12 months of age.

Avoid non vegetarian and even egg till 1 year of age and ground nuts till 2 years of age.

Regards - Dr. Sumanth

Follow-up: Hi Doctor, My daughter is approx. 10.5 months old. 1. 9 hours later
Thanks Doctor for your reply.
Few more queries:

1. What is the adequate milk feed frequency and quantity for 10.5 month old baby?
2. We are giving her one almond soaked or grated and raisin sometimes. Is it ok?
3. We generally keep CFL light in the room which is not bright light. Not sure if we shall use normal tubelight for better light or CFL is ok for baby eyes? Please suggest.

Ankur

Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Suggestions on infant feeding

Detailed Answer:
Hi.... coming to your queries one by one -

1. There are no set guidelines as to how much to feed and how frequently to feed. It's all demand feeding. If the baby demands, you can feed as much as the baby consumes and as frequently as the demand.

2. You can feed with soaked almonds and raisins.

3. For a 10.5 months old baby, any light is OK. No specific restriction or recommendation.

Regards - Dr. Sumanth

Follow-up: Hi Doctor, My daughter is approx. 10.5 months old. 1. 45 hours later
Thanks again for your reply.
One more query..

Till now we are giving her RO water after boiling for NAN PRO 2 and for drinking at times.
Can we give her RO water directly without boiling or shall we continue using RO water after boiling only?

Ankur

Brief Answer:
Give RO water only after boiling and cooling to kid

Detailed Answer:
Hi.... you should give RO water only after boiling and cooling. I do not suggest using it directly.

I wish your kid a bright future. If you need any future medical consultation and suggestions, I will be glad to help. You can approach me at the following link.

Once the page opens there will be an option below my image as – ASK ME A QUESTION – click on it.

In this way even in health care magic you can follow up always with a single doctor who knows the history of your kid completely. Please find the link below -
www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-sumanth-amperayani/67696

Regards - Dr. Sumanth