Hi Doctor, My daughter is 10.5 months old. 1. For

Pediatrician, Cardiology
Question
Hi Doctor,
My daughter is 10.5 months old.
1. For the past 2 days she vomits mostly when we feed her. She is also having little cough and her nose also seems to be a bit blocked. She is sneezing sometimes. Please suggest what to do?
2. We are in staying in XXXXXXX Considering the current weather change and pollution in XXXXXXX NCR, could you please suggest some precautions which we can take for her?

Ankur
Posted Sat, 2 Dec 2017 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Give some anti-emetic like domperidone with nasal drops

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for asking on this platform

I have gone through the query and do understand your concern.
Giving anti emetic like domperidone(Domstal) will help in decreasing vomiting. Give some acid reducing agent also like lansoprazole (Junior lanzol). .The dose in this age is based on weight and both these are prescription drug so please get it prescribed by a pediatrician
You can use nasal saline drop like Nasoclear to relieve the nasal blockade. You can put the drop four to six times a day depending on requirement . No specific management is needed fir occasional mild cough and sneezing.
I suggest you to use air purifier to decrease the effect of pollution.
Frequent vomiting may cause dehydration so please start the medication as early as possible.
If vomiting persists and it is severe the baby may need injectable medicine for better result.
I won't get worried if baby is otherwise active,passing urine and there is no breathing difficulty.

I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.