Hi Doctor, My daughter Akhira 23 months old is suffering

Question
Hi Doctor,

My daughter Akhira 23 months old is suffering from tight motions from last 1 month when consulted pediatriation they recommended lactolose syrup. when ever we give that syrup that she is able go motion loose otherwise she is struggling.
Posted Sat, 25 Nov 2017 in null

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Best is to choose foods that soften the stool

Detailed Answer:
Does Akhira eat all solid foods?
if yes, besides Lactulose syrup I suggest to think of ways to introduce foods that soften the stool like purees, apricots, pears.
Cut foods that cause hard stool like rice, banana, carrots. White rice white bread, pasta XXXXXXX all would cause more constipation. For that matter cow milk.
So switch to high fibre food like brown rice, apricots, mashing the fruits and giving inthe form of purees. Sweet potato and beans does wonders, similarly juices. You can search for such foods.
Massage the abdomen daily for the bowel to stimulate and move.