Hi Doctor I had fibroadenoma and have undergone surgery twice

Excellent
Question
Hi Doctor

I had fibroadenoma and have undergone surgery twice in 2010 and 2013.Now again i can feel it on both my breasts.Recently i did a ultrasound.
In report its mentioned that there are 4 benign tumors in right and 3 in left breast which are less than 3 cms
Bilateral benign axilary lymphnodes 13×2 mm on right sideand 17×3mm on left side.
Is this very serious? Should i do any other tests?
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2017 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing worrisome.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
I have gone through your query,
A fibroadenoma is a very common benign (not cancer) breast condition. The most common symptom is a lump in the breast which usually moves when you touch it.
So there is no thing to worry.If you want further tests than you can go for

1. a breast examination
2. ultrasound scan (uses high frequency sound waves to produce an image) and/or a mammogram (breast x-ray)
3. a core biopsy and/or a fine needle aspiration (FNA).
However, if there’s any uncertainty about the diagnosis, a core biopsy or FNA will be done.
Staying breast aware

For most women, having a fibroadenoma does not increase the risk of developing breast cancer.

If you were diagnosed with a complex fibroadenoma, you may be worried that your risk is very slightly increased. However, this doesn’t necessarily mean you will develop breast cancer in the future.

It’s important to continue to be breast aware and go back to your GP if you notice any changes in your breasts, regardless of how soon these occur after your diagnosis of a fibroadenoma.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow-up: Hi Doctor I had fibroadenoma and have undergone surgery twice 32 minutes later
hi , thanks.i have attached recent ultrasound report.Can u please check it n let me know if any issue. And my concern is also with benign lymph node*what is it.is it serious?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nothing worrisome.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in again.

I have seen the attached report. There is nothing worrisome in this report. The benign lymph node needs further monitoring by a repeat ultrasound scan after 6 months.

In case the node increases in size then an FNAC is needed to find its cause and type.

Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.