Hey doctor, I have noticed that the roof of my

ENT Specialist
Question
Hey doctor,

I have noticed that the roof of my motuh has been sore the last couple of days and upon investigating an having a look I noticed that the roof of my mouth is purple which I am unsure if it is normal or not? I also noticed these red sores on the inside of my mouth which is where it hurts when I eat or swallow it kind of feels like a cut. Is this something that is worth getting investigated or will it possibly go away on it's own? I have attached some images below so you can see better.
Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Mucositis with candidiasis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare Magic and thanks for putting up the query
I have seen the pictures. you are probably suffering from mucositis with fungal infection.
Avoid keeping anything in the mouth for long like a toffee or anything else.
Apply candid mouth paint 4 to 5 times a day and take tablet vitamins c once daily.
Use hexidine mouth wash.
Avoid any aerated drinks or spicy foods.
Drink plenty of water.
All the medicine prescribed by me will be available only on prescription.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Thanks and regards

Follow-up: Hey doctor, I have noticed that the roof of my 5 hours later
Is this something that may go away on it's own? Can I give it a couple of days before taking medication I have had similar pains before? Are you sure it is mucositis I am not on any medication treatment or anything?
Follow-up: Hey doctor, I have noticed that the roof of my 22 minutes later
What exactly is the purple discolouration as well?

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Mucositis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
This occurs due to nutritional deficiency or bad oriental hygiene. You should take the medicines as prescribed. There is nothing to be worried about. you will be better soon.
The purple discoloration is the underlying blood vessels hue through the inflamed oral mucosa.
Any further questions are always welcome.
Thanks and regards