Herpes on face, pain around occipital bone, can sleep on only one side. Have pace maker and Dupuytrens. Related?

I have herpes on my face for about a week and have a pain around and on my occipital bone. The right side of my face feels like I am losing muscle and is sore to the touch. I only noticed when I washed my face and hair. Also I can only sleep on the left side. When I turn I wake. I have a pace maker and Dupuytrens in both hands. Could this be related? Should I go to the doctor? You can mail me at YYYY@YYYY . Thanks
Posted Mon, 3 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 56 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

I want some more details. Is it Herpes Zoster or Herpes Labialis ?
If herpes zoster, where is the site of involvement ?
Herpes zoster is caused by varicella zoster virus and it usually affects the skin along the distribution of nerve. Herpes zoster can cause pain and numbness along its distribution.

You have a feature to upload the images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your query better. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'.

I don't think that this is related to your pacemaker and Dupuytrens contracture.

It is better to consult a dermatologist for assessment and medications which will help in decreasing your pain. Meantime, let me know about the details I have asked, so that I can guide you in a better way.

Waiting for the details.