Herpes, PAP results negative for HIV, chlamydia, hepatitis, malignancy negative

Hi there, I have been dating this girl for about a 1 yr now, She was recently contacted by her ex boyfriend and he told her that she probley has herpes. She nor me has never had an outbreak or any kind of boils ect. She about 4 months ago cause she is in the miilitary went in for a pap where there gave her results for HIV,hep, chlamida, all negative and she got a negative for intraepithial and malignancies. Do we need to worry about gentital herpes? She has not been incontact with him for over a tr and a half?
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 25 minutes later

Usually it takes 6 to 8 days for the lesions of herpes to appear after coming in contact with an infected person. But in extreme cases this period may be as long as 25 days.

And as she is tested to be negative and you and your girl friend do not have any symptoms like blisters on the genital area, fever, flu-like symptoms, etc till now then probably she is not infected with herpes and there is no need to worry.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Follow-up: Herpes, PAP results negative for HIV, chlamydia, hepatitis, malignancy negative 26 minutes later
So the Intraepithial and malignancy negative from her results, proves that she has no herpes? The nurse told her that this negative meant no herpes. and no blister or any of them other symptoms either. So maybe her ex was just being an ass or he contracted it after her?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
Having malignancy negative is a separate thing from herpes. But she has also tested negative for herpes. So, you both need not worry now.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.
Wish you an early recovery.