Herniated disk at l5 s1. Getting pain in hip and calf. MRI, ultrasound normal. Looking for cure

4 months ago ,I suffer a hernated disk at the l5/s1 level, I also had left thigh muscle spasms that hurt so bad , that I could not stand for more than 5 minutes or walk more than a 100 my back feels better ,but the spasms are still there and no matter what I do ,they wont go away..Im really scared. can you help me...what can cause my spasms and why haven't they gone away yet .. also I have hip pain along with the thigh spasms, my doctors can't find anything wrong..we did an MRI,ultasound for blood clots, hip injection and all are nnegative..??? please help me , the pain is unbearable...
Posted Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 14 hours later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
Pain along hip and calf is most likely radiculopathy due L5- S1 herniated disc. Please let me know few things th3n it will be possible to guide you.
1 . MRI was done for spine or lower limb?
2. What was modality used to diagnose the herniated disc?
3. Have you consulted orthopaedician specifically?
4.if possible please mention or upload MRI reports.
At present you can take analgesics like tramadol or ibuprofen. You may need to consult pain management clinic in future.

Looking forward for your response.