Hernia,erectile dysfunction,normal testosterone,sperm test,MRI scan

Hi doctor, I'm male of 25 years old. My height is about 5.7" and my weight is about 64kgs. I have been suffering from hernia hiatus around 1 year.Doctor advised not to drink milk, oily foods and not go to sleep immediately after the meals.Last time I was having good erection and very good sexual urge.But, since last three months I feel my erection is no good.I undergone to consultation with a doctor.He did testosterone test in my blood and my sperm also.He said everything is normal.He advised me for a MRI scan my genitals.Since No enough time(I'm a NRE), I didn't undergo for that testing.Now sometimes, I feel a little pain in my right side testis, especially after the ejaculation.I'm depressed.Can you help me...I used to smoke around 1 year.
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 8 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern.

MRI scan of the genital region shall not help you in any way. I am keen to know your serum testosterone and prolactin levels.

Pain in the right testis should be investigated and needs examination by an urologist along with ultrasound scan of the KUB ( kidney, urinary and bladder) region.

Once you get these investigations done, kindly do get back to me.

Also, I would like to know if you develop any swelling in the right testis region after ejaculation along with the pain.

I would suggest you to not worry as I do not think there is any major health issue here.

Also you are quite young, and it is quite natural to not have proper erection and sexual urge sometimes.

Do not be depressed as this can also affect your sexual health.

Be rest assured that you will get well soon.

Awaiting your further responses.