Ask a Urologist   »  

Hepatitis C, orange clots in urine, lipiduria, steatorrhea

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here...This morning my urine had orange floating clumps like fat from ground beef on water ?? I have had an odd smell in my head for about a month , it reminds me of my uncle that had diabetes . I have hep c is this something to be concerned about . My urine and stool also carry the same odor as in my head.
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 1 hour later

From the description provided it seems that you have lipiduria (Fat globules in urine) and Steatorrhea (Fat excretion in stools).

Lipiduria could be associated with kidney diseases like nephrotic syndrome (which can be seen in hepatitis C).

Steatorrhea is associated with fat malabsorption occurring due to decreased bile synthesis, as with liver diseases.

You might benefit by consulting your doctor, who can get blood and urine tests, a 24 hour urine protein, a urine-albumin creatinine ratio (UACR) along with a stool examination .

This might help to detect any abnormalities as well as initiate appropriate treatment measures.

Hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.