Ask a Urologist   »  

Hepatitis B positive. Why am I having burning sensation in penis after passing urine?

General Surgeon
I am having burning sensation in penis after passing urine. I have this problem for last 4-5 months.

I am Hepatitis B positive (passive) since 12 years
Posted Wed, 16 Jan 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

Burning after urinating usually appears with urinary tract infection. Frequent urinating and lower abdominal can be present as well. In some cases such symptom can be also indicate prostate infection or testicles infection. With prostate infection, the sperm gets darker yellowish. With testicles infection the pain appears in the testicles as well.
To have it diagnosed you should start with urine analysis and urine culture test.
All this infections can be treated with antibiotic (for example Ciprofloxacine 500 mg 2x1 during 5 days).

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.