Help. About 2 months ago I went to my doctor

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
Help. About 2 months ago I went to my doctor because I broke out in these red bumps on my body. They looked like mosquito bites and they itch..my doctor told me they were bug bites from being outside and mowing my lawn frequently. He told me to take some allergy medicine Called xzycal and apply a cortisone cream and it would go away and it did, but it is back and now I'm not sure he diagnosed me correct. What should I do...it kind of looks like hives
Posted Sun, 3 Dec 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibly you have hives

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.

I am Dr. kakkar (Dermatologist and Venerelogist). I have noted your concern.

They seem like Hives - the way you describe them to be and considering the response to Levocetrizine (Xyzal). Hives are usually itchy welts with a surrounding flare. Hives are short lasting and disappear in a few hours only to reappear again. If you have a few images of he rash i request you to kindly upload them in "Reports Section" so that I am able to confirm. For Hives I would normally suggest my patients to take Levocetrizine for 10 days to 2 weeks, sometimes longer. Topically you may use a soothing lotion e.g calamine lotion.