Hello this is somewhat a continuation question for Dr Sharka

Excellent

Cardiologist
Question
Hello this is somewhat a continuation question for Dr Sharka .. with all the tests I have done in the last year as well as the most recent I was wondering if u think my current condition may be cardiac or a continued episode of costo ... I have ache like pain across upper chest ( pectoral ) area as well as sturnum hurts to move a certain way and to touch no breathing issues normal blood pressure any suggestions
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
My opinion as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Thank you for coming back on HCM!

As a cardiologist, I would explain that your symptoms are not typical of any cardiac disorders.

The chest pain modulated by body movements or touching indicates an extra-cardiac cause (probably musculo-skeletal pain, including chosto-chondritis).

The location goes in favor of chosto-chondritis too.

Considering all your performed cardiac tests during the last year, which have resulted normal, I would exclude any cardiac disorders, including myocardial ischemia.

In my opinion, there is no need to perform any additional cardiac tests, because they will result normal.

Just relax and don't worry about!

I would just encourage you to continue with painkillers time after time, hot packs in this area.

Massage of the area can help against the pain. Light physical activity would also help reinforce the pectoral muscles and improve other types of musculo-skeletal pain.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

I remain at your disposal for any other questions, whenever you need!

Wishing a nice weekend,

Dr. Iliri

Follow-up: Hello this is somewhat a continuation question for Dr Sharka 36 hours later
Hi thank you it seems my aches are in upper chest peck areas going across sternum as well now getting the same short sharp pains in between upper sturmim no shortness of breath but do at times feel my heart rate speed up but could be anxiety
My question is how often can I use the hot water bottle and will this have any long term damage to the area ? When I use it I have it over my chest and cloths it never touches direct skin on my chest also what about salon spas will they help

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello again!

Your symtoms are typical of a musculo-skeletal pain (brief sharp pain in this region, modulated by body movements and hot packs).

Regarding hot packs, you can use them as often as you wish. I would not recommend hot packs directly on the skin, because they may damage the skin and nerves in this area. In such case, warm packs would be more recommended.

Regarding massage and spa, they are recommendable in musculo-skeletal pain, as they help muscle and mental relaxation, reducing muscular tension or spasms. k

The increased heart rate during those episodes is a normal physiological reaction to the pain. Anxiety can also play an important role in this clinical scenario.

Hope to have clarified some of your uncertainties!

Let me know about everything!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri

Follow-up: Hello this is somewhat a continuation question for Dr Sharka 32 hours later
Hi there
Thanks you I worry as sometimes I get other symptoms like a heaviness in my whole body and sometimes feel winded but not short of breath ... I had the most recent test that were uploaded I had my blood pressure checked yesterday 110/70 I have not been working out and have been getting up super early and perhaps having a bit of anxiety so I am wondering if this is all anxiety and fybro related or if I should worry about cardiac

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
My opinion as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello again dear,

Anxiety seems to play an important role in all this clinical scenario.

Regarding getting up early, you should know that cortisole, which is a very important hormone produced from our body, is mainly produced in early morning during sleep. You should know that besides other functions, this hormone is very important in our body response to physical and emotional stress.

That is why sleeping in the early morning is important to fight anxiety and depression.

A good sleeping hygiene can help improve your situation.

Regarding your blood pressure, these values are within the normal ranges.

I would also encourage you to be more active and perform a lot of physical activity. Yoga and aerobics can help against anxiety too. They are also really important for a normal function of the cardio-vascular system.

But, as a cardiologist, I don't think that your symptoms are related to any cardiac disorders.

So, relax and don't worry about it!

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask me again!

Wishing all the best,

Dr. Iliri