Ask a Urologist   »  

Hello, i have a question about lymph nodes in groin

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
Hello, i have a question about lymph nodes in groin area. I have 184 cm and 55-56 kg. What is the normal size of the lymph nodes in groin? I feel something but i’m not sure If îs muscle, tendon or a lymph node...
Posted Tue, 5 Dec 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consult qualified General Surgeon for clinical examination

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that you have posted a swelling in the groin that you have could be a enlarged lymph node Normally lymph nodes are not palpable.but it gets visible or palpable due to some source of infection in draining area .

Consult qualified General Surgeon for clinical examination to establish diagnosis .He would be best judge to diagnose and decide whether any active treatment is needed or not .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.