Hello doc, I am homosexual. An hour ago I had

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
Hello doc, I am homosexual. An hour ago I had just body rubbing with one guy with unknown HIV or STD status, during the course of action he didn't wear his lower and I touched his pennis twice for less than a minute. No oral, no anal and no kissing. I didn't removed half of my shirt only. I am worried about STDs. Please help me
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2017 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry, you are safe.

Detailed Answer:
Hello. thank you for writing to us.

I am Dr. Kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.

You are safe. There is absolutely no way that you could get HIV or any other STD through the skin to skin contact involved in body rubbing and touching of the penis.

The skin barrier is good enough to prevent infection to pass through and moreover, the skin surface is dry and is not conducive for most STI causing microbes (HIV, HSV, Treponema Pallidum, Gonococcus or Chlamydia trachomatis etc) to remain viable. They would die quickly on exposure to air and cannot survive drying.

STDs only transmitted through direct sexual contact - either unprotected vaginal, anal or oral sex - involving contact between genital mucosae and through the exchange of genital secretions like vaginal fluids and semen etc. Not otherwise. So you are, quite likely, safe.

Follow-up: Hello doc, I am homosexual. An hour ago I had 2 hours later
Thank you for the response.

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
thank you for writing to us.