Hello! My 95 year old mother contracted scabies while in

Dermatologist
Question
Hello! My 95 year old mother contracted scabies while in rehab last April. I have treated her with Permethrin cream ( and all that entails) 5 times since the initial outbreak, but it keeps coming back. Is there another treatment that might actually work?
Posted Sat, 2 Dec 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tablet ivermectin

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints and understand your concern.
If she is not responding to permethrin I would recommend you to give her tablet ivermectin 200 microgram per kg body weight single dose.
This is to be repeated after 1 week and then after 15 days. This should resolve her scabies.
It is a prescription drug and you need to see the doctor in person to get it.
Dr Asmeet