Ask a Urologist   »  

Hello In 2014 I did a ultra sound scan of

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016
Excellent

Urologist
Question
Hello
In 2014 I did a ultra sound scan of left Testicle
They found Bilaterally in caput epididymis, small cysts with benign appearance are seen. No detectable left-wing inguinal hernia

Can these small cysts (spermatocele) affect my fertility and having children?
I don’t feel immediate pain only when I do self examine myself I can feel sort of pain when touching the area.
Cysts has not gone away since then and don’t know if it has increased in size but I am worried it could have impact on my ability to have a relationship
Wish that question stays between me and the doctor and not publishing online..

Thanks in advanced
Posted Fri, 1 Dec 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Spermatocele will not affect your fertility .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that you have posted you have been detected to have bilateral small Spermatocele .

Spermatocele are benign cysts and generally do not require any treatment except in a situation when it becomes painful or increases in size suddenly .

It never affects patient's asexual life nor fertility.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.