Hello, If i take Excedrin PM, Tylenol , or ibuprofen

Neurologist
Question
Hello, If i take Excedrin PM, Tylenol, or ibuprofen I cannot breath. I do have asthma and have been able to take all of these in the past but i am unable to now. Is there something OTC that i can take to help me sleep and also help me with my migraines that will not have this effect on me
Posted Tue, 5 Dec 2017 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Take treatment and prevention as advised

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your question and understand your concern.

Pain killer like Tramadol or tapantadol can be used for relief. But I am not sure it is available over the counter. You might need to visit a doctor - ER or urgent care clinic.

Management of migraine requires preventive steps.
Avoid fasting, excessive tea or coffee or chocolates.
Take timely breakfast and lunch.
Migraine prophylaxis drugs like amitriptyline can be used daily for headache as well as sleep disturbances.
Other prophylaxis drugs like flunarizine, topiramate,divalproate can be used.

Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further information.
Dr N Kumar
Neurologist