Hello, I suffer from binge eating disorder and have been

Psychiatrist
Question
Hello, I suffer from binge eating disorder and have been suffering for years. I have been doing research on the internet that is said that Vyvanse helps with Bingeing. My bingeing consists of isolating myself to stay home and eat, not being able to think about anything except eating food, eating as a result of feeling anxious and then eating more as a result of being depressed from the disappointment in myself at not being able to stop eating. I eat until I feel physically sick most of the time and I recently gained 40 lbs in 2 months from my bingeing starting up again. I really need help but have no insurance and don't know what to do. I've tried therapists, journaling, exercising, meditation and nothing seems to help.
Posted Wed, 6 Dec 2017 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Vyvanse can of help

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

First of all I like to emphasize that treatment of binge eating disorder is never straight and most patients need multiple modes of treatment to achieve optimum output. In my experience combination of therapy, stress management and medication achieves best possible outcome.

When it comes to medication although Prozac is long approved for this purpose, Vyvanse is recent addition which have powerful effects on impulses of binge eating and other domains of disorder.

I understand that it is costly affair but suffering have more cost than medications and therapy. As suggested above follow at least two or more modes of treatment simultaneously to achieve outcome.

I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.