Hello. I have an odd skin condition affecting my lower

Dermatologist
Question
Hello. I have an odd skin condition affecting my lower legs. They often get itchy at night, and when I am at work and come home my calves are swollen, particularly the left one. I work 8 hours a day 40 hours a week and am constantly standing and walking on hard concrete surfaces.
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Symptoms related to prolonged standing

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints and your symptoms seem to be related to prolonged standing,
I would recommend you to take short breaks at work, avoid prolonged standing and while lying down keep your legs elevated.
These measures will reduce the itching and the swelling.
For itching you can take antihistaminic like tablet cetrizine 10 mg once daily at bedtime.
Dr Asmeet