Hello, I am 32 years old and have a squint

Ophthalmologist
Question
I am 32 years old and have a squint in my left eye, since birth. I was operated upon when in school (4th Standard) but the squint was slightly corrected, not totally.
My left eye vision is next to minimal wherein I cannot see a clear image of objects - let alone reading etc.
So my questions are -
1. At this age, can the squint be corrected?
2. If yes, can it be possible to have a perfect vision like my right eye (Right eye number is 0)?
Posted Mon, 4 Dec 2017 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Squint can be corrected.

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
Your squint can be corrected after surgery.The improvement in vision is doubtful as by not seeing for so long,the looses the power to see.This power can be regained by exercises till the age of 12.
The problem in your case will not be the surgery,as the squint will be corrected but keeping the eye straight.In the absence of good vision within 10 to 12 years eyes again drift as there is no vision to hold the eyes together.
I hope I have answered all your questions,still if you feel there is some query remaining,please do get back to me.