Hello Dr since last year I have been suffering from

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Sep 2017
Sep 2017

Pulmonologist
Question
Hello Dr since last year I have been suffering from XDR TB last year on 16th November Drs have removed my left lung due to tuberculosis Currently I am taking ethionamide 2 tablets ammoxycilin clauvulante 1000 mg 2 tablets monopass 9 gm hansepran 200 mg linozolid 600 mg daily. I took Capreomycin 500 MG for eight months . My problem now is I have loose motion since March . I have to go to 4 to 5 times to latrine. I daily take nexpro rd 40 mg tablet before meal. I tried Sporlac . It isn’t very effective . My doctor said it’s due to medicines. But 4 5 times is too much. Kindly advice.
Posted Sun, 3 Dec 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Amoxicillin clavulinic acid can cause diarrhea.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
I have gone through the prescription you have attached.
Amongst these drugs, amoxicillin clavulinic acid can cause diarrhea.
So you can stop taking amoxicillin clavulinic acid and see if diarrhoea stops.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.