Hello Dr, am 17weeks pregnant now.. doctor has prescribed me

Question
Hello Dr, am 17weeks pregnant now.. doctor has prescribed me to take Autrin and Shelcal tablets from 13th week of my pregnancy.. Should I continue taking Autrin tablet along folvite tablet.?? Or autrin tablet alone is sufficient..?? Pls advice.
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2017 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes,you can continue Folvite also.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
You can continue your Folvite tablet along with autrin and shelcal tablet but as such folvite ( folic acid) is usually mantadory preconception and in first trimester because it is helpful in neural growth of baby.
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
Good luck.

Follow-up: Hello Dr, am 17weeks pregnant now.. doctor has prescribed me 33 minutes later
Hello doctor, so since folvite tablet is mandatory only until 1st trimester, is it fine if I stop using folvite now as I am in my 2nd trimester..

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes you can stop.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Yes,you can stop it and continue your autrin and shelcal.
You should take high protein diet .
Hope found useful.
Good luck.