Height is 6 feet and weight is around 52 to 55Kg. Suggest the diet plan?

My Height is 6Ft and Weight around 52-55Kg.
So suggest me with dieting with minimal cost and any other auggestion.
For the Medical History, I have not consulted any doctor.
Posted Thu, 7 Nov 2013 in Weight
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You need to gain weight

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

For the height of 6ft and weight of 52-55 kg, the BMI comes to be around 16. This is a lower than normal BMI. It means that you are underweight and you need to make some changes in your lifestyle to gain the extra kilos.

My suggestion will be as follows:

- Take at least 3 proper meals and 3 - 4 snacks in a day.
- Include high calorie foods in your diet. High calorie foods can include milk products like cheese, butter, ghee, cream, ice cream, etc in every meal.
- Can also try nutritional supplements like proteinex or ensure. These products are meant to be taken along with your diet and are not meant to replace it.
- Take multivitamins
- Get blood tested for common nutritional deficiencies like iron, calcium, vitamin D, Folic acid, Vitamin B12 etc. Also get tested for other routine tests like blood sugar, lipid profile, liver function tests, etc.
- Take atleast half a cup of dry fruits every day
- Take atleast 2 glasses of milk in a day
- Take fruits or vegetables upto 5 times a day.
- Exercise for atleast 20 min a day. Exercise can include gym, walk, yoga, swimming, cycling etc. Take a snack before going for exercise. Do not overexert at any exercise
- Take hygienic home cooked food and pure drinking water.
- If you take rotis in meals, then increase the quantity.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Vaishalee