Height 5' 3", height increase, short physique. B-tall ayurvedic medicine can help ?

Hi, i am 5' 3'' , 68 kg , 25 yrs old girl, and dont have any bad medical history.. I read about B-tall ayurvedic medicine for growth enhancment and hight increase
( ..I feel the need of growth and height enhancement due to my short physique and small structure... pls advise me on whether should i go ahead with B-tall or suggest me any other medicine... thanks
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Increasing your height at the age of 25 is quite a challenging task. After you attain puberty, the long bones of the body stop growing further as their growing ends fuse with the bone. These bones then attain a permanent size.

There are many pills, injections etc available through internet which claim to increase your height. Their effect is doubtful. Do not waste your time, energy and money on them.

Regular yoga practice is known to help in improvement of the posture and ease tension in the body which, in turn, can help make a person feel taller. Several yoga positions can help to maximize these effects.

Your height totally depends on your age and in some cases your family average height. Drinking milk, stretching and proper sleep can increase your height as the secretion of growth hormone is increased during the sleep specially in the early morning hours.

To produce extra Growth Hormone (GH), develop an effective grow taller exercise program. Scientific studies have shown that the brain releases a larger quantity of GH after aerobic exercises.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.

Follow-up: Height 5' 3", height increase, short physique. B-tall ayurvedic medicine can help ? 5 hours later
Thanks doctor for your prompt reply..

I would like to know the daily exercise regime n daily deitery intake to help increase my height can also suggest me some websites for height specific exercises..

And does B-tall ayurvedic medicine have any side effects? if no then would you suggest it for me? i have mentioned the B-tall website in my previous question.

Bz i am feeling that i will need medicinal support with daily exercise n deitery regime to speed up the height increasing process due to my age which is already 25..

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 27 minutes later

Thanks for writing again.

B-tall is a combination of herbs whose exact composition and active ingredients are not disclosed. So, it is equally difficult to guess its side effects.

These drugs do not have a better effect than a placebo.

If you are so desperate and you need instant results then you can go for bone lengthening procedures surgically like Illizarov techniques or use concealed high heel shoes. You can look for an Orthopedic Surgeon in your area who is routinely doing these procedures. However I wish you discuss with him the benefits and risks involved with this procedure before you give a consent.

Select long stripes in clothing which will make you look taller.

Regarding yoga stretching exercises, it is best to do these exercises under a physical trainer who will guide you better.

You can have a diet XXXXXXX in proteins and calcium for better results.