Height 4 feet 9, loss of height, on actonel, stopped, any other safe hormones to take ?

i am 4ft 9, 73, female and have recently lost an inch and am nervous about this. my doctor tried to put me back on actonel (which i was on for 10 years, ) stopped two years ago, but another dr. said 'no', are there hormones i can safely take or should i go back on the actonol..many different opinions
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Osteoporosis
Follow-up: Height 4 feet 9, loss of height, on actonel, stopped, any other safe hormones to take ? 4 minutes later
can i go on some sort of hormone replacement therapy, would that stop the shrinking...ugh, or actonol..
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 42 minutes later

The loss of height by one inch that you have underwent is due to the osteoporosis only. When you are a known case of severe osteoporosis then you should not have stopped actonel in the first place. If it is inconvenient for you to take it on daily or weekly basis then you can opt for an i.v. annual therapy where a single i.v. dose is needed for one year.
There are no other hormones that can help you.
Resuming the therapy will only prevent the further loss in height and can not regain the lost height.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts I am available for the follow ups.