Heavy period after delivery. Took polyp out and burning sensation on layer of uterine. Can I get pregnant?

Pathologist and Microbiologist
Question
Hi I had very hevy period after my delivery.about 14 years.last year dr found out I have poleyp in my uterine,she took the polyp out and take on layer of my uterin like burning.or like miss carage.she said I cant be pragnet again.but now I change my mind .I want to be pragnet.can u help meeee. and respond me plz tnks
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Getting Pregnant

Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 14 hours later

Thanks for posting your query on Health Care Magic.

Based on history given by you, I can understand that you had the last delivery 14 years back.

Thereafter you had a history of heavy bleeding and polyp.
For these problems, your gynecologist removed the polyp and took out the lining of the uterus. This procedure is called endometrial curettage.

Endometrial curettage does not hamper the process of conception and implantation i.e. you can be pregnant again.

However, since your gynecologist has told you that you cannot be pregnant again, I think some other procedure has been done may be hysterectomy- removal of the uterus.

Kindly, ensure the procedure that you have undergone and get back to me.

I can explain you things better.

Thanks.
Dr Shailja P Wahal

Follow-up: Heavy period after delivery. Took polyp out and burning sensation on layer of uterine. Can I get pregnant? 2 days later

HI Doctor thank u for responding.i did not do hysterectomy.i still get period.but not heavy period.i don't know what she done that she said u cant be pragnet or if u get u have to misscareag..... any way thank u so much......if u can pleas axplain me more....

Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 2 hours later
Hello and welcome again,

On the basis of what your doctor has said "you cannot be pregnant or will undergo miscarriage if you get pregnant” - it seems that there is some kind of cervical incompetence.

A competent cervix is required to maintain the pregnancy. If incompetent, there will be first trimester miscarriage.

This may be what your doctor meant. Rest you can discuss with your treating doctor.

If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer

Dr Shailja P Wahal

Follow-up: Heavy period after delivery. Took polyp out and burning sensation on layer of uterine. Can I get pregnant? 42 hours later
Hi Doctor,u mean it is possible for me to get apragnet again?

Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 7 hours later
Hello and welcome again,

The details that you have provided are not complete.
You have mentioned that you had a polyp, which was removed.
Besides this, no other information has been furnished.
Your gynecologist has told you that you cannot be pregnant but the reason for not getting pregnant has not been mentioned.
The possibilities that I have mentioned are just few causes of inability to maintain the pregnancy.
Rest you will have to consult your gynecologist.

Thanks and take care.
Dr Shailja P Wahal

Follow-up: Heavy period after delivery. Took polyp out and burning sensation on layer of uterine. Can I get pregnant? 9 hours later
Thank uuuu

Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 1 hour later
Thanks and take care.

Dr Shailja P Wahal