Heavy menstrual bleeding with stomach pain. What could be the reason?

Here is my situation maybe u can help.... For a lil over a month now my period will start and last for a few days and I will bleed very heavy ( more than usual ) then it will stop for a couple days, then start again and so on. I have also had a bad pain in my stomach that will never go away. It almost feels like a hunger pain but then when I eat something I can only take a few bites before I feel full. I also fill a lil nausea often. I also am constipated for days then get diarrhea.......
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Kindly reply few questions. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Kindly reply few questions so that I can guide you further: do you have any associated painful menstruation? are you sexually active? if yes have you undergone any PAP smear? have you ever investigated for the same symptoms previously, any scan reports? Awaiting your response, Regards , Arif
Follow-up: Heavy menstrual bleeding with stomach pain. What could be the reason? 16 minutes later
Yes menstrAtion is painfull (cramping like usual) I am not sexually active. The research I have done suggests std's and I have tested neg. to all of them and have not had intercourse since. It's been about a yr since my last pap.
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 14 hours later
Brief Answer: You need a scan to know the exact pathology. Detailed Answer: Hi, I apologize for the late response; I was away from my computer due to unavoidable reasons. Coming back to your question, after analyzing your history your problem is clinically known as MENORRHAGIA and DYSMENORRHOEA . Considering your age I feel it could be due to adenomyosis or fibroid uterus or thyroid abnormality. Presently I suggest you to get a baseline haemoglobin level (to rule out anaemia), thyroid function test (T3, T4 and TSH-thyroid stimulating hormone) and a scan pelvis to know the exact pathology , and if the scan shows any small fibroid or focal adenomyosis you can be given mefenamic acid + tranexamic acid combination drugs or EHAMSYLATE combination for decreasing the bleeding and pain during the menstruation. Also cyclical combined oestrogen and progesterone tablets can be considered for few cycles (may be for 3 to 6 months). Kindly take iron supplementation for building up the haemoglobin. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!