Heavy head with swaying. Whats is happening?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hello there very very worried as last nite i felt heavy in the head and and felt i was going to fall back everytime i did sumthing and a was swaying when i walked sumtimes as my body felt very heavy. can you please tell me what could be wrong. even my partner kissing me made me get very dizzie and bending over to kiss him i got dizzie. very very scared and dot know whats going on. i the 2 nites b4 this happend i was up till 2:30am talking to a good friend and then went to bed at 2:30 and slept for 6 hours then i got up and the next nite did the same. so can u please tell me what was happening to me,..???
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 20 minutes later
Suddenly appearing dizziness can happen due to the effect of some drugs or substance abuse or alcohol intake. If all these causes are ruled out then other possibilities are high blood pressure, low blood pressure, cervical spondylitis, anemia, and low blood sugar, electrolyte imbalance like hyponatremia, use of sedatives, tranquilizers and antidepressants.

Uncommon reasons can be due to brain reasons or arrhythmias and cardiomyopathies.

My purpose of telling you the causes is so that you don't take your symptoms lightly and consult your doctor and get yourself physically examined along with various investigations.
I hope you understand.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Heavy head with swaying. Whats is happening? 1 hour later
so ur saying i could have a arrhythmias in the brain now i am very very very scared.

and how would i feel if it was a arrhythmias
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 12 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Arrhythmias of heart are just one of the many possibilities that needs to be ruled out. Any lesions in the brain are also possible. But these are rarest possibilities. The more common reason is drug intake or electrolyte imbalance or anemia.
You need proper examination and investigations to find out the cause in case the episodes are recurrent.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.