Heavy hair fall, sweating in head, not able to control hair fall. Best solution to this?

Hellow Doctor,

I am having a heavy Hair fall Complaints. I am taking Head bath once in two days. Applying Oil before taking Head Bath alone. Not any other times as because i have oily face. I cant control the hair fall at all. The thing is it sweats a lot in my head when i am in hot sun or doing some heavy physical works.

This problem i dont have when i was in my home town during my schooling. When i relocated to Chennai for Engineering studies, it started falling.

Minimum 20-25 hairs i am loosing in a single bath, if i took head bath after three or four days. This is because when i have any cold or fever complaints , then i used to take head bath once in 3 or 4 days.

Expecting a BEST solution regarding this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 29 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

You didnt tell, how long have you been having this problem. Is it something which started suddenly or has it appeared gradually.

I presume that it has been present for a long time now, may be 4-5 years (you must have moved to chennai 4-5 years back as that is the time your engg. would have started). Please correct me if I am wrong.

See, this is a very common problem. The cause is a combination of hormonal sensitivity, hard water, pollution, stress and inadequate diet.

So, there are somethings we can not change but other things is in our control.

Here is my advise:

1. Shampoo regularly with a shampoo+conditioner.
2. Avoid excessive use of hair oil.
3.Have plenty of water, juices, fresh fruits and vegetables
4. take a high protein diet- eggs, pulses, chicken, paneer
5.Do not too much stress of atleast your hair fall.
6. Medicines- Take a tablet having biotin (eg. Adgain) once daily for 3 months
Apply Minoxidil 5% lotion, 1ml, twice daily over your scalp and massage for a minute.

You will start seeing a decrease in hairfall in 2-3 weeks and an improveent in hair growth in about 4-6 weeks.

Please contact me if you have any further questions..Also please keep me posted about the progress.

P.S.- you may upload your picture on the query page, so that I may fine tune your treatment

Follow-up: Heavy hair fall, sweating in head, not able to control hair fall. Best solution to this? 32 minutes later
Thank You Doctor....:)

The time period you mentioned is absolutely correct Doctor.
Sure i will follow the above and let you the Outcome of it.

Thanks & Regards,
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 1 minute later
All the best.