Heavy hair fall. Diagnosed with hepatitis E. Took ipill and allergic to the medicine. Advise to reduce hair fall?

Dermatologist
Question
i am having heavy hair fall since last 15 days. though my hairfall issue is since last 1and half year. i was diagonised by hepatitis E in May. Then in september i first time took i pill and due to lack of knowledge i took 3 pills in 4 days. moreover i came to know that medicine was was allgergic to me. so please help me out what should i do for reduce hair fall. i m 26 yrs old.
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Telogen effluvium

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query,
You are suffering from a condition called as Telogen effluvium ( Stress related hair fall).

Hair is very prone to any type of stress on body.
You had hepatitis as well as you took high dose of i pill.
Both of these have acted like a stress on your body.

Dont worry this type of hair fall is temporary and you will get good hair within a month or two.
I would like to recommend you some nutritional supplements, which will help in faster growth.
You can take tablet follihair daily one and apply minoxidil 2 % lotion on scalp daily in the night .
This combination will give you a faster relief.
Both the medications are easily available over the counter.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you

Follow-up: Heavy hair fall. Diagnosed with hepatitis E. Took ipill and allergic to the medicine. Advise to reduce hair fall? 2 hours later
till when i should take the tablet. what about its side effect.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
No side effects

Detailed Answer:
Take the tablet for 3 months.
Dont worry it is very safe, there wont be any side effects.
Thank you