Heavy food,lung pain,headache,eye pressure,thyroid

when i eat non-veg or fatty foods or heavy food i have a feeling of something struck in my throat, brief pain below the lungs and between the back blades, leading to severe pain in the head area, putting pressure on the back of eyes, as if wheight is kept on my retina from the back side. pain in the eyebrow area
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Follow-up: Heavy food,lung pain,headache,eye pressure,thyroid 3 minutes later
also in last 1 yr i have done my over all check up and have marginally high cholestrol ie 212 in the current report, slightly high Thyroid ie 5.5 (on a scale of 4.7)
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Banait 25 hours later

Thank you for posting the query.

Based on the symptoms, in most probabilities you have 'gastro-esophageal reflex disease' (GERD). This condition develops when acid enters esophagus (chest tube) from stomach due to malfunctions of valve in between the two organs.

This can be diagnosed based on history of acid reflux and heart burn. Diagnosis can be aided by Endoscopy and pH metry.

Other causes of similar symptom include ulcer disease and gall stone (can be diagnosed on usg abdomen ).

People suffering from GERD and ulcer disease are benefit by regular use of over the counter antacids. But I encourage you to go for physical examination and testing for proper diagnosis to suggest you a complete treatment to help you achieve long term relief.

Hope I have answered your query adequately. Should you have any additional queries, I will be glad to address them.

Dr. Vaibhav Banait