Heavy bleeding, on diet, irregular periods, abdominal cramping, nausea, frustrated. Advsie?

I am 5' 11 and weigh 250lb. I'm not sexually active it's been four yrs. I've had my period for the past 5wks and it slowed down at the begining of April but now it has come in heavy again... What do u think is going on., I gained quite a but of weight since I had my daughter and have been on a diet since February this yr.. I have had irregular periods since i was a teen but since the past yr it was been quite regular. I have no disorders that I know of. Now with the period, I have quite about of cramping in my abdomen right below my belly button area, I'm nauseated at times, I'm very weak yet I've gone two to three days with no sleep and when I do it's from 3-4 am to about 6-7am, I do feel agitated in the morning and feel weak in the afternoon but wide awake at night. I'm starting to loose track of things I should remember(forgetful) and of course get frustrated. I know I have to see a physician but I'd cant get an appointment for another two weeks from now and would like to have some idea what might be going on.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 6 hours later

With the symptoms described we have to rule out endometrial hyperplasia (hyper multiplication of the inner most layer of the uterine wall) and ovarian cyst.

As you are having irregular bleeding along with weight gain , you should get your investigations done like routine blood tests as well as thyroid function tests , blood sugar F , lipid profile , serum calcium and Vit D , FSH , LH , Prolactin etc.

Till then do not take stress , take iron supplements and diet XXXXXXX in iron and calcium.
Take Vit D as well as Vit B12 as their deficiency can cause anxiety and insomnia.

Instead of General Physician, I suggest to take an appointment with a Gynecologist to save some time. If the bleeding is more than four pads a day it is good to reach a hospital nearby where an attending OBGYN can investigate further. Appointment in a clinic takes time.

Hoping you speedy recovery

Any further query is most welcome