Heavy bleeding after MTP, sonography shows bulky uterus. What should I do?

i have done my ultra sonography after the month of the pregnanace termination. the MTP was done for 19 weeks 5 days POG, but after a month i got heavy bleeding with clotts & the result for that sonography is as under

- Bulky Uterus with distended hetrogenous endometrial cavity
- intracavatory soft tissues densities showinh focal increased vascularity likly ratained products along with prominent myometrial vascularity- post abortal

what should i do now?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 48 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Your report is suggestive of retained products of conception still present inside the uterus and you would require Dilatation and curettage for clearance urgently, as it can lead to infection otherwise.

It is a medical emergency, You need to consult your gynecologist urgently for a proper evaluation by physical examination, Blood investigations to rule out infection and complications associated with retained products of conception.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up query.