Heavy bleeding. Trans-vaginal ultrasound found enlarged non-gravid retroverted uterus. Surgery needed?

I am 46 years old and just have tvs and pelvic ultrasound because of my heavy menstrual flow. The results are enlarged non-gravid retroverted uterus that measures 7.71 x 6.92 x 7.59 with thick endometrium of 1.10cm and posterior intramural fibroid measures 5.23 cm. I was on my 5th day of period when i had the test..... is it advisable to undergo a surgery? My ovaries are normal .... though 2 years ago I had a nephrectomy (left kidney ) due to renal cell carcinoma with no methastisis stage 2 what will be the implication on me?
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 38 minutes later

Let me answer your question one by one.

1. is it advisable to undergo a surgery? No. Since you are in perimenopausal age group, surgery is not advised because fibroids are known to regress after menopause. Till then you can use Mirena IUCD for heavy bleeding.

2. renal cell carcinoma with no metastasis stage 2 what will be the implication on me? Since renal cell carcinoma was treated in an early stage before metastasis, there is nothing to be concerned.

Hope i have answered both your queries. Feel free to ask for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.

Dr Nilofer