Heaving spells, stomach pain. History of mesentric artery surgery. Could this be blocked artery in the stomach?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2013
Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Question
Y wife has had blocked artery into the mesentric artery surgery before. She is having pain in the stomach and heaving spells, She alos has passing out spells for a few seconds. Could this possibly be from a blocked artery in the stomach?
Posted Wed, 22 May 2013 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 28 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX
Yes it can be due to artery thrombosis or emboly especially considering that she already had similar disease. But also it can be caused by artery blockage in heart and brain or sign of parkinson. I think you should visit doctor and do at least ECG, chest and abdominal xray and basic blood tests to rule out something serious.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help