Heaviness in mind, not feeling good. Advice?

Heaviness of the mind.. keep stretching my forehead. Not feeling good while working
Posted Thu, 14 Jun 2012 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 1 hour later
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Heaviness in mind can occur in following common conditions:
-Stress, Tension
-Anxiety, depression
-Poor sleep in night
-Vitamin deficiency
-Any chronic infection in sinus or respiratory tract
-Vision problem

Tell me about blood pressure, sleep, appetite, stress in life, presence of any infection or vision problem and mood to help you better.

waiting for your reply,

Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Heaviness in mind, not feeling good. Advice? 17 hours later
-Anxiety, depression

This could be the reason becuase of restlessness of not performing as per my expectation.

Jugling and thinking many thinking and performing less..
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 13 hours later
Hello again,

Thanks for follow up,

Other symptoms of anxiety which may or may not be present in your case: nervousness, restlessness, mild irritability, excessive worry regarding own health, tremor, muscle spasm, heaviness in body, easy fatigability, headache, sleep disturbance, palpitation and dry mouth.

Anxiety occur due to neurotransmitters imbalance in brain most commonly involving serotonin neurotransmitter. You may need treatment from psychiatrist to treat your anxiety. It is not clear if you received any treatment in past, but believe me people life changes after treatment.

In drug treatment two types of medicine used. For immediate relief of anxiety benzodiazepines group of medicines are used and for long term relief most commonly SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) are used. SSRI takes around 3-4 weeks to show its effect. Non drug treatment like cognitive behaviour therapy (form of psychotherapy) also takes weeks to show its effect.

All these process is complex. I have just simplified it to make you understand it.

Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.

Wish you good health.