Heaviness in left testicle,pain,urinary infection.

Question
Hi Doc,

From Yesterday Afternoon I am feeling heavy in my left testiculer. Also I am not getting proper urination because after urination, still feeling to urinate.

I dont know what is happening. but on thing I observerd is yesterday while cleaning my house, I pull up the TV alone (i.e. quite heavy weight) and after that one, it started this pain. I guess.

This is only one abnormal activity

Can you tell me what is cause of this pain.??

Thanks

XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 27 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX,

Thanks for posting your query. This feeling of heaviness in testicle after lifting heavy weight is a common symptom in inguinal hernia. It is a result of a weakness, tear, gap or opening in the muscle wall of the lower abdomen or groin through which the contents of the abdomen, such as intestine, may protrude through the muscle creating localized pain, pressure and a feeling of heaviness.

Second possibility because of the feeling of frequent urination even after voiding can be due to prostatitis or prostate inflammation. To completely rule out both these conditions, blood tests or imaging studies like ultrasound, X-ray and computerized tomography (CT) may be needed.

You may apply cold compresses on the testicle and take an oral anti inflammatory drug after consulting your doctor. This will reduce the swelling inside. Secondly, avoid lifting heavy weights till you are completely fine, try to maintain a healthy weight, quit smoking (if any) and eat high-fiber foods to prevent the development of another hernia. Also place a rolled towel under your scrotum when you lie down.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Follow-up: Heaviness in left testicle,pain,urinary infection. 32 minutes later
Hi Doctor,

I really appreaciate your quick responce.

This is pain is since yesterday only when I perform that TV lifting activity while cleaning the house.

Is there any medication to relief the heavyness?

Thanks

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 8 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,

Thanks for the clarification. You can apply warm compresses and take some anti inflammatory pain killer like Ibuprofen after consulting your doctor. It will relieve the sensation of heaviness as well as any inflammation.

If the symptoms persist then get ultrasound of the urinary tract and CT scan done from a urologist as any testicular trauma and stangury (feeling of passing urine without actually passing urine) due to any stone in urinary tract ruled out.

Follow-up: Heaviness in left testicle,pain,urinary infection. 21 hours later
Hi Doctor,

Thanks for your responces.

Yesterday I was feeling uncomfortable and consulted the doctor and He has given VOVERAN SR 75 1-0-1 after meal.

My problem is I am getting urination and toilet satisfactorily (i.e. in one shot). I am feeling to go multiple times.

While getting partial urination multiple times and yellow colored and not having burning while urination.

When this routing get normal? Do I need to go for urine test?

Today I am not having heavyness.
comparatively, better today but not having proper urination and stool.

Thanks

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 6 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,

In view of the frequent urination, you should get a urine analysis done. An ultrasound of the kidneys, ureter and urinary bladder should also be done.

A small stone in the kidneys or ureter can produce a pain in the abdomen and frequent urination.

Sometimes small stones can be missed by an ultrasound abdomen and a CT scan may be a better test to diagnose small stones. These tests can also help pick up any problems of the prostate.

A fasting and a post meal glucose should also be done to rule out diabetes mellitus as a cause of frequent urination. Please do consult a urologist for the same. Hope this answers your query.

If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.