Heaviness in abdomen, slight pain. Sonography suggests enlarged liver. Blood test done. What do you think about my liver health?

I had my blood tested today on 08.04.13 and the following report was received :
SGPT 30, SGOT 22, Bil 1% and RMS 94 .
What do you think about my liver Doctor ?
I have some heaviness in rightside abdomen , no pain but sometime gentle pain . My appetite is normal. This is being felt since last 7-8 years . I had Sonography few times and it was found that liver is enlarged marginally. What you see doctor ? I need your expertise.
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 31 minutes later

Thanks for posting query to this forum

I have seen your reports of liver function which are within normal range that is Bilirubin, SGPT and SGOT. I presume this is Blood sugar which is 94 mg. That is also normal.

You have sonography of abdomen which showing marginally enlarged liver, as liver functions are normal.
You have slight heaviness in right side of abdomen but no pain; this is for 7-8 years. So it should not be anything serious.

For marginal hepatomegaly, the possible common causes are, Fatty liver, if you are overweight, or use of alcohol.

Please do not worry. I don't see any significant abnormality. Your past history should not be related to present problem.

Hope this information helps you Please ask if you have any other query.

Dr. A. Dubey. M.D
Follow-up: Heaviness in abdomen, slight pain. Sonography suggests enlarged liver. Blood test done. What do you think about my liver health? 1 hour later
for fatty lever , what should I do ?
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 9 hours later

Thanks for your follow up.

Marginally enlarged liver in the presence of overweight and history of alcohol consumption can be related to fatty liver; however I am glad to know that ultrasonography report did not show fatty liver findings. Therefore whether or not you have this entity - fatty liver is not sure.

You can get Lipid profile to see level of Cholesterol.

If you are overweight, please try to reduce weight and take care of diet avoiding too much fats and fried items along with regular physical exercise at least 1 hour brisk walking daily.
Please stop alcohol if you take.
By just taking these simple measures you can be healthy.

Please keep me informed about progress.

Dr. A. Dubey M.D.